- Participate in building a strong Diaspora Community .
- Facilitate intergenerational and intragenerational networking.
- Compile an Igbo Catechism for our children, our non-Igbo spouses and our grandchildren consisting of a basic knowledge and primer of Igbo Culture and Heritage.
- To promote the use of Igbo language within our Community while accept that the inability to speak the Igbo language does not exclude us, our children, their spouses or our grandchildren from sharing our Heritage.
- Validate our diverse Cultural experiences while promoting the understanding that our heritage has a place in our lives.
- Develop and Increase Political awareness and consciousness in the African Diaspora Community.
The last Intergenerational Dialogue was in 2012 in Chicago. Celebrated Author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie graced the occasion as the keynote speaker. Plans are in progress for the next event in 2018 and we would like you to make a case for the city of your choice between Chicago, Washington DC, and Los Angeles. Please send an email to email@example.com with the title Next INTERGEN & the city name.
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois